What you need to know
- Apple has updated its HomeKit accessory list with several new devices.
- Soon a video ringtone, a smart heater and a new smart outlet will come.
- The new HomeKit products will be available in several markets.
Apple has unveiled several new HomeKit accessories with a recent update to its list of accessories. The new accessories include RioHeating’s first HomeKit heater, a Yobi video sound and a compact smart connector from Meross.
The addition of ARC Heater to the Apple list was announced by RIOHeating, based in the UK, today through Reddit. Currently, not much is known about the ARC heater, otherwise it connects directly to the HomeKit via Wi-Fi and sports a small LCD screen. The ARC heater can also work with multiple units inside a home by controlling the temperature of the area and does not require wiring through a plug-in design.
Prices and exact release date for April have not yet been announced, although potential buyers may use a form to request additional information once they become available.
The best online learning tools for kids: ABCmouse, reading IQ and more
Next, Yobi B3 Video Doorbell, which was first noticed by HomeKit News, comes from the team behind the iBaby line of connected cameras and is available for pre-order now after a start-up campaign at the end of last year.
The Yobi B3 video button comes in a traditional video ring design, with a unique gold finish. The bell accepts staples such as 1080p HD video, infrared night vision, two-way audio and weatherproof, plus it has a “world-class” Fresnel lens. Full specifications include:
- Activate Apple HomeKit
- Full HD 1080p video with 180 ° field of view
- Two-way audio speakers with echo noise cancellation
- PIR smart motion sensors
- Night infrared view
- Weather resistant
- Face light compensation
Yobi B3 Video Doorbell is currently listed for $ 199 directly from the company, but an exact release date has not yet been announced. Also, it is not known whether the camera will support Apple’s HomeKit Secure Video feature.
Finally, the second smart accessory activated by Meross, the MSS110HK Smart Plug Mini, is already listed on Amazon, but cannot be purchased at this time. The miniature plug, which seems to come in a 2-pack, will give HomeKit fans another wallet-friendly option to automate their homes.
Meross entered the HomeKit arena at the end of last year, with the MSS620HK Smart Outdoor Plug, which offers double sockets for about half the price of the closest competitor. The latest smart outlet is for indoor use, and its compact design allows the ability to use 2 of them in the same outlet.
- The compact size allows you to stack two smart Mini Plugs into the same outlet.
- Turn your devices on / off anywhere with the Meross app anytime.
- Up to 15 amps and 15 A x 120 V = 1800 W in USA / AC / JP.
- Works with Apple HomeKit *, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Line Clova, SmartThings and IFTTT.
- Create start / stop programs or set the automatic timing routine to work automatically.
- It works with the WiFi you already have. No hub is required.
In addition to HomeKit support, the MS1110HK works with Alexa Amazon and Google Assistant via hub-free Wi-Fi. Because it works without a hub, Meross notes that a remote HomeKit hub, such as Apple TV or HomePod, is required to control the remote card.
We may earn a commission on purchases using our links. Find out more.