The long-awaited replacement of the current Aqara hub, namely Read M2, has not made its debut yet, and although the new hub is listed on the Aqara site’s Chinese version, it has not yet been officially listed on any of the other regional sites within the organization. Nevertheless, Aqara site in South Korea tended to be M2-or rather M2L.
While this does not mean that the new hub is actually available, considering that M2 has been identified for at least six months on the Chinese website, it could be a strong indication that the new hub is ready to launch.
It is also being addressed as Aqara plans to bring M2, together with its G2H-enabled HomeKit app, to market by the end of the first quarter of 2020. From the Korean website overview it appears the M2L specifications are the same. As M2, as is the model number (ZHWG12LM), it is not quite clear why the Korean version has suffix L, although as revealed in our recent article, there is also an M1S mentioned in the Aqara application, which could mean that M2L and M1S are changed only for the Korean regulations and requirements.
If you are not familiar with the M2, here are some specifications for this new device:
- Model: ZHWG12LM
- Product size: 100x 30.75mm
- Input voltage: 5V = 1A
- Operating temperature: -5C ~ + 50 ° C
- Working humidity: 0 ~ 95% RH, without condensation
- Wireless: IEEE 802.11 b / g / n 2.4gHz Wi-Fi, Zigbee 3.0 IEEE 802.15.4, BLE 5.0
- Execution Standard: Q / QLML026
- Multi-protocol support – Zigbee 3.0 | WiFi | Infrared
- With multiple function – ringer | Alarm clock
- Link-multi-scenes – security | Go home | Are you sleeping
- Make more interactive – APP control | Siri Voice Control | Automation scene