Apple today launches tvOS 15.1, which finally brings SharePlay support, as well as HomePod 15.1 software with Lossless and Dolby Atmos support for all users.
Along with macOS Monterey, iOS 15.1, watchOS 8.1 and iPadOS 15.1, Apple is also launching the tvOS 15.1 and HomePod 15.1 software.
After delaying the feature with the release of iOS 15, Apple has finally started testing the SharePlay feature again with tvOS 15.1 beta. After a month, this feature is finally available to everyone.
With SharePlay, users can make a FaceTime call while listening to songs, watching movies, and TV shows. As of now, tvOS 15.1 RC is only available to developers, but a public beta is expected soon.
For HomePod 15.1 software, Apple brings Lossless and Dolby Atmos support features that have been promised for several months.
If you haven’t updated your Apple TV or HomePod to tvOS 15, here’s what’s new with it:
- For all of you: Browse a new line in the Apple TV app to find something that everyone in the house can’t wait to watch.
- Shared with you: Movies and shows shared via Messages appear on a new line in the Apple TV app.
- Spatial audio: Listen with AirPods Pro or AirPods Max for a theater-like sound experience around you.
- Smart AirPods routing: Get an on-screen automatic notification to magically connect your AirPods.
- HomeKit Camera Enhancements: View multiple rooms around the house at the same time on the Apple TV.
- Stereo sound that fills the camera: Pair two HomePod mini speakers with the Apple TV 4K and enjoy rich, balanced sound for everything you watch.
If you want to learn more about tvOS 15, click here. You can find everything new here with HomePod version 15.
Have you discovered anything new with tvOS 15.1 or HomePod 15.1? Tell us in the comments below or on Twitter, @ 9to5Mac.
FTC: We use revenue-generating car affiliate links. More.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: