Update: Apple is now launching tvOS 15.1 beta 2 public beta testers. Not only that, but the company distributes beta 2 of HomePod 15.1 to selected developers.
One week after the release of tvOS 15.1 beta 1, Apple is now incorporating the second beta version of tvOS developers. Here's everything new with him.
Today's construction is 19J5552f. With tvOS 15.1 beta, Apple has reactivated SharePlay testing. This is one of the most important features announced during the WWDC21 key conference that was postponed.
With SharePlay, users will be able to make a FaceTime call while listening to songs, watching movies and TV shows. As of now, tvOS 15.1 beta 2 is only available to developers, but a public beta should arrive soon.
For the HomePod 15.1 beta, which is also linked to the tvOS operating system, Apple is again testing Lossless and Dolby Atmos support. Unfortunately, the beta version of HomePod is only available to selected developers.
If you haven't updated your Apple TV or HomePod to tvOS 15, here's everything new with it:
- For all of you: Browse a new line in the Apple TV app to find something that everyone in the house can't wait to watch.
- Shared with you: Movies and message-sharing shows appear in a new line in the Apple TV app.
- Spatial audio: Listen with AirPods Pro or AirPods Max for a surround sound theater experience.
- Smart AirPods route: Get an automatic on-screen notification to connect your Magic AirPods.
- HomeKit Camera Enhancements: View multiple rooms around the house at the same time on the Apple TV.
- Full stereo sound: Pair two HomePod mini speakers with Apple TV 4K and enjoy rich, balanced sound for everything you watch.
If you want to learn more about tvOS 15, click here. Did you find something new with tvOS 15.1 beta 2? Tell us in the comments below or on Twitter, @ 9to5Mac.
FTC: We use revenue-generating automatic affiliate links. More.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: