Hello everyone! I got my G2H by email [finally] and set it up. Some thoughts:
* The setup process was trivial: set the phone to 2.4 ghz, connect to the camera network, switch to the Home app, scan the code, look at the self-image in the home app. There may have been someone who said something to me in Chinese at some point, but that’s practical. I did not install Aqara all (until later)
* The quality is quite good. FOV is very good and the quality of night vision is excellent.
* It takes a second to switch from an image to “live” in the home application on wifi. Looks like it’s less delayed. It does not take more than 3 seconds on the mobile phone to be broadcast live.
* Comes with firmware v2.0.3. With this, the motion detector did not work (even though it appeared in HK). I downloaded the Aqara app, and the update in the middle of the firmware I received a motion notification. At v2.0.8 (current) it works very well
* Audio in 2 modes works quite well in HK mode. It seems that this does not work with cheaper Eufy cams
* An interesting thing is that the motion detection sensor resets in 5 seconds. I have an Eve and 2 Onvis sensor and none of them are so receptive. It also seems to continuously detect movement, which is interesting. I didn’t test it extensively, but it was aimed at a TV, and the motion sensor didn’t seem to reset until I turned off the TV.
* I never made an Aqara account and neither[purposely] connected to any “server”
* I did not have the opportunity to test HKSV. Unfortunately, I don’t have the proper iCloud plan. Strangely, my girlfriend has such a plan, but it seems I can’t – or didn’t realize how – give her permission to change the setting to record. He is not the “owner” of the house, but he has all the permissions imaginable. It seems that only one person can change the camera settings (?). Sounds weird, but good.
* Honestly, I have no idea what “advanced” features are available through HK (detection of people, areas, etc.). None of this is easy to see from the Home app, so I guess either iOS14 doesn’t exist or is. As I mentioned, I didn’t create an account or log in anywhere, so I didn’t see what was possible from the Aqara app.
* I have a vibration sensor on the road, so I will test the Aqara “pairing” soon; I hope I can do this in HomeKit mode without connecting to anything
I’m happy to answer any questions, and if anyone knows why an authorized home user can’t change the registration setting, I’d like to know.