Top image: Garage heater Reznor on natural gas. Middle image: existing Honeywell thermostat. Bottom image: the corner of the garage, where the future Home Gym will go, showing the location of the heater and thermostat.
Look to clean up and create a home gym in this corner of the garage. The garage has a natural gas heater probably from the 1970s. It works well, but looking to replace the thermostat with a cheap / simple / basic HomeKit compatible thermostat. You just want to be able to turn on / off and set the temperature on Apple devices. We use ecobees in the house, but we are looking for something less expensive and simpler. Usually, the heat is only in the winter just above the frost. The fan shown in the picture is attached to a HomeKit-enabled WeMo jack. There is Wi-Fi mesh eero Pro in the garage. There is a HomePod and a second one will be installed (for stereo) – both on the wall mounts on the opposite walls. The LiftMaster garage door has a HomeKit bridge. The lights are on three WeMo switches (garage, workbench, patio).
1. SEARCH FOR SUGGESTIONS: Replace and possibly move the thermostat on the right wall of the heater (it will not blow directly in the new location) to the right of the front door, not shown in the photo, where there are also light switches / door opener garage – “control center”.
2. New paint on the walls.
3. Epoxy flooring. (Strong washing, acid cleaning, epoxy paint deposition with flakes)
4. Rubber mats on the floor (ordered). It will be a 14’x10 ‘area when installed. Add the baseboard.
5. Rack Gym / Equipment installation (ordered from PRx).
6. HomeKit enabled: Smart TV (with Apple TV software), receiver (AirPlay 2), extra wired speakers or indoor garage and patio.