I added an Ecobee 4 thermostat again and somehow during this process added the thermostat to my homekit house, but then deleted ALL the homekit devices and scenes and all the automations except the last 3 remaining ones, which were automation at sunset / sunrise, but they were empty because the devices were gone. Must this be in sync with the cloud? Because my MacBook Pro suddenly showed all the devices left on the home app.,
Environment: Apple TV 4k (Controller), Macbook Pro, 2 phones (One that has been dead battery in the last 5 days.)
Â & # x20AC; & # x2122;
Changing my wifi SSID so I could turn on the iPhone that was dead … all the homekit devices turned on and everything was still in it. then Apple Support suggests going to Settngs> cloud> and disabling HOME. I did that, but then the home app said that HOME must be enabled in the cloud settings to run. so it took a quick backup for iTunes of the iPhone with the homekit database still on it.
Then go to download Homekit Controller from the app store. From what I read on the Controllr site for Homekit, it is said that in order for it to make a backup, all homekit devices must work properly (they must be “initialized” in the home application …
IE: There are no red exclamations on each device) within the home application.
So, to do that, I have to do first:
– Disable wifi / cellular data on your phone with the home app with all devices still on it
– Rename the wifi back to normal so that Apple TV can connect to Icloud
– turn off the controller switch on AppleTV to warn icloud that there is no controller on the site.
– Disable ALL Apple devices except the phone with the database on it, keeping the omekit cloud sync on that device.
– Connect iphone to wifi so that it can initialize all homekit devices?
– Take backup with Controller for Homekit App and save local backup on iphone?
– if successful, turn on all Apple devices and reactivate the AppleTV controller switch
– Allow the omekit on the working iPhone to be overloaded, then use the homekit controller to restore my homekit database and hopefully inject it into all Apple devices and the cloud.
Thoughts? Does anyone have experience? Thanks