Skip to content

Eufy Smart Lock Touch & Wi-Fi – 2021 Review

Eufy Smart Lock Touch & Wi-Fi – 2021 Review

Eufy Smart Lock Touch & Wi-Fi - 2021 Review

Eufy Smart Lock Touch With Wi-Fi Bridge offers a sleek look, easy installation and a built-in fingerprint reader, all of which impressed us when we reviewed it earlier this year, but criticized its lack of support from third parties. and Wi-Fi integrated Fi. The Eufy Smart Lock Touch & Wi-Fi ($ 259.99), which costs $ 60 more than its predecessor, is essentially the same smart lock, but with the built-in Wi-Fi advantage. It works well, but it still lacks the third-party support you get with the Editors’ Choice Award winner, at a similar price, August Wi-Fi Smart Lock ($ 249.99).

A familiar design and features

Eufy Smart Lock Touch & Wi-Fi looks identical to Eufy Smart Lock Touch With Wi-Fi Bridge, but now you can choose between black, nickel and silver finishes. Most importantly, it does not require a Wi-Fi bridge, as Wi-Fi is built into the padlock. In addition to the lock itself, Eufy includes interior and exterior screens, an assembly and a screwdriver, keys and assorted mounting items in the package. All parts arrive in numbered boxes that coincide with the steps described in the written installation guide.

The outer zinc alloy component of the lock has an IP65 degree of weather protection and measures 6.0 x 2.7 x 1.0 inches (HWD). The lock has a fingerprint scanner, a 12-button touch screen keyboard (0-9 buttons, as well as lock and enter buttons) and a key hidden behind a magnetic disk. At the bottom edge is a micro USB port for opening the lock with a battery (in case the internal batteries fail) and a restart button. A data cable coming out of the back panel of the lock is used to connect the outer to the inner knob.

The inner component of the lock has the same finish as the outer component. It measures 7.9 x 2.8 x 1.2 inches and has a bend for locking and unlocking the door manually. Behind a removable cover is a battery compartment, a setup button and a QR code. Also under the hood are 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi radio and Bluetooth. The lock is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that Eufy says should last up to 10 months on charging (depending on use).

Eufy Smart Lock Touch & Wi-Fi works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice assistants, but it doesn’t support the Apple HomeKit and IFTTT applets you get with Smart Lock Wi-Fi since August. That being said, you can make the Eufy lock work with certain devices that are part of your Alexa or Google ecosystem, including cameras and motion sensors, as well as other Eufy devices, such as the Eufy Video Doorbell.

Lock settings

The lock uses the same Eufy Security app for Android and iOS as other Eufy devices. Appears in its own panel on the Devices screen; touching the lock panel takes you to a screen with a large circle that displays a lock icon and its status (locked or unlocked). To lock or unlock the door, simply drag the icon down.

At the bottom of the screen are the Block events and Manage access buttons. Use the Block Event button to view instances of opening or closing the lock; you can see information about the time and date, who initiated the event and how the lock was activated (manually or through the application). This information is also accessible via the Events button on the Devices screen. In the Access Management section, you can add users, register fingerprints, create access programs, and assign access codes.

The wheel icon in the upper right corner of the lock screen takes you to the settings screen, where you can activate features such as Auto lock (the door locks automatically when closed), One-touch lock (the door locks with a long press) a Keypad lock button), Incorrect protection (the lock will not work after a set number of incorrect password attempts) and Scramble Passcode (which allows you to enter random numbers before and after the passcode). Other settings allow you to enable or disable notifications, calibrate the lock, and enable or disable lock sounds.

Eufy Security IOS application

Simple installation, smooth operations

Installing the Touch & Wi-Fi lock is easy thanks to Eufy’s clear written and video instructions. To use the video instructions, you must first download the mobile application, tap Add device, and select Smart Lock Touch & Wi-Fi from the list.

I started by removing my old lock and then installed the Eufy screw assembly and the impact plate. I inserted the outer knob and data cable through the drill hole in the door, inserted the hood into the screw slot, and connected the mounting plate to the outer knob using the screws provided. Then I connected the data cable to the inner button and attached the inner button to the mounting plate. Once I installed the batteries, a voice command told me to complete the setup by downloading the Eufy Security application.

I opened the app, tapped Add Device at the bottom of the Devices screen, and selected Smart Touch Lock & Wi-Fi from the list. I scanned the QR code from the battery compartment using my phone’s camera and pressed I finished the installation (you can watch the video installation guide at this time). Then I pressed the Setup button until I heard a beep and a voice saying “Ready to set up”. I touched Next and the app immediately recognized the lock. I followed the instructions to close the door and calibrate the lock, selected my Wi-Fi SSID from the list, and entered my password. I gave the lock a name, created a master password, and registered my fingerprint by pressing and lifting my finger eight times on the scanner. After a quick firmware update, the installation is complete.

Eufy Smart Lock Touch and Wi-Fi worked well in testing. The touch screen provided good backlighting and was very responsive, while the lock responded instantly to application commands for locking and unlocking the door. The fingerprint scanner worked perfectly, as did the voice commands for locking and unlocking the door. An Alexa routine that I created to block the lock (lock) when a Floodlight Ring camera detected movement worked as intended. And I had no problems with the Auto Lock, One-Touch Lock and Wrong-Try Protection functions.

A solid lock that could be smarter

With Smart Lock Touch & Wi-Fi Eufy, you can lock and unlock your door using your voice, phone or fingerprint; you can also use its responsive touch keyboard or a traditional key. It’s easy to install, offers built-in Wi-Fi, and supports Alexa and Google voice commands. That being said, it doesn’t work with IFTTT applets or the Apple HomeKit platform, which limits its usefulness in a smart home setup. For these features, check out the Editors’ Choice winner, August Wi-Fi Smart Wi-Fi. If you want to spend less, Wyze Lock is a great choice; it also lacks a lot in terms of third-party integrations, but this is easier to understand at just $ 89.99.