For those in 220 volt countries, what is your smart home setup?

Cupertino, April 4, 2024

I am fairly new to home automation. I will be moving into my own place in Q1 2025 and would like to set it up as a smart home.

I've watched a few YouTube videos and they highly recommend Lutron switches. However, I believe they are only available in 120v. So I looked into setting up smart bulbs, and Philips Hue is what I usually see. I found a local official seller, which means it is compatible with 220v. I bought a starter kit to try it out, but had trouble setting up the Hue Bridge. We were even working with a Philips Hue support agent but couldn't get it to work. I am currently returning the starter kit to the seller. In addition, the bulbs are not bright enough for me and I don't think 16W bulbs are available here.

Now, I came across Aqara devices. They have 220V smart switches that you can buy online. Their M2 hub is a little pricey, but I could use the IR blaster in my room. I also plan to buy their U100 lock when I move next year. Will this investment be worth it? Have any of you had problems setting up the Aqara M2 hub?

Maybe I'm getting tired in Aqara, is there a better smart home setup?

Best selling & Top trending HomeKit product in our shop at this moment

HomeKit.Blog is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Apple Inc. or Apple related subsidiaries.

All images, videos and logos are the copyright of the respective rights holders, and this website does not claim ownership or copyright of the aforementioned.

All information about products mentioned on this site has been collected in good faith. However, the information relating to them, may not be 100% accurate, as we only rely on the information we are able to gather from the companies themselves or the resellers who stock these products, and therefore cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies arising from the aforementioned sources, or any subsequent changes that are made that we have not been made aware of.

HomeKit.Blog Is A Participant In The Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, An Affiliate Advertising Program Designed To Provide A Means For Sites To Earn Advertising Fees By Advertising And Linking To Amazon Store (Amazon.com, Or Endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, Or AmazonWireless.com).

The opinions expressed on this website by our contributors do not necessarily represent the views of the website owners. 

Copyright © 2022 HomeKit Blog
. All rights reserved
United States