I set up HKSV with 6-pack of Scrypted NVR and Reolink RLN16-410 + RLC-1224A

Cupertino, March 27, 2024

Title, pretty much. All cameras are directly connected to the RLN16-410 NVR. Cameras are set to 1440p (2560x1440) -- down from the default 4k/high res. Scrypted is set to the main stream (MainStream) for everything except the low resolution stream option where I used SubStream. Cameras are brought into Scrypted using the ONVIF camera plugin. This is mentioned in most articles online when googling, but when the cameras are connected directly to the NVR / bought in a bundle, they don't get their own IP address / web interface. You need to enter NVR IP with authentication information multiple times/once for each camera and select streams for each camera in Streams tab. I have not tried the Reolink plugin. Then when you install the Homekit plugin, the cameras don't magically appear in Home. You need to go to each room in Scrypted->Devices and enable the Homekit plugin for each one. Then each is added individually as an accessory. The plugin displays a QR code that you then use with the (+) Add accessory option in the Home app. This bit escaped me for a while. It would probably help to read the Scrypted docs. HKSV starts streaming in < 1 second for each in the Home app. It took a bit of thinking but everything works well and I can recommend this setup. Note that I also have the Reolink POE doorbell which is also connected via the NVR and was brought to Scrypted using the same ONVIF plugin but with the option to set it as the selected doorbell. It worked at full / default and is correctly recognized as a ringtone by Homekit / and rings on all my Homepods. It's worth noting that the Home app remained buffered forever when the camera output was set to max. Fortunately, 1440p works great. The general consensus seems to be that HKSV is limited to 1080p. That doesn't seem to be the case, at least not anymore. Hope this helps someone.

Best selling & Top trending HomeKit product in our shop at this moment

HomeKit.Blog is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Apple Inc. or Apple related subsidiaries.

All images, videos and logos are the copyright of the respective rights holders, and this website does not claim ownership or copyright of the aforementioned.

All information about products mentioned on this site has been collected in good faith. However, the information relating to them, may not be 100% accurate, as we only rely on the information we are able to gather from the companies themselves or the resellers who stock these products, and therefore cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies arising from the aforementioned sources, or any subsequent changes that are made that we have not been made aware of.

HomeKit.Blog Is A Participant In The Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, An Affiliate Advertising Program Designed To Provide A Means For Sites To Earn Advertising Fees By Advertising And Linking To Amazon Store (Amazon.com, Or Endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, Or AmazonWireless.com).

The opinions expressed on this website by our contributors do not necessarily represent the views of the website owners. 

Copyright © 2022 HomeKit Blog
. All rights reserved
United States