Meross Lightstrip MSL320HK - RGB color issues and work with Home +

Cupertino, February 22, 2021

I've noticed that many people have the same problem as me, where the color in the HomeKit app doesn't match the light bulbs. Meross says it's Apple, Apple says nothing. What I can tell you is that I noticed a few months ago that my VocoLinc speakers could not get an exact color when I selected it in HomeKit. I thought then that it was certain that VocoLinc used cheaper LEDs and I gave up. My solution for both is obvious, but I haven't seen it mentioned, so I will continue and share here to help anyone ... Use Home +! Home +, when I bought it a long time ago, it was just Home. It was worth every penny and it keeps me going. For example, when you can't create a scene because HomeKit fails, HomeKit may already have a scene with the same name, but it's corrupt or invisible and you need to reset your HomeKit to fix it? Home + shows the corrupt scene. Anyway, what I did was create scenes in Home + with the colors I would like and they appear in HomeKit and set the color correctly. Clearly, this must be a HomeKit color wheel issue, and Meross is right. Home + is much better at this than [HomeKit.](https://HomeKit.You) You can set the color according to the HEX code! So what I did was Google the hex code for the colors I wanted and I entered them to get an exact match. This was very useful, because in my setup, we pair two shade lamps above the desk with the Meross tape under the desk. The colors are almost identical and can do things like Spiderman Mode, where the lamps above are red and the bottom band is a deep blue. Yes, it would be great to be able to set the colors of the flight using the HomeKit wheel, but for 99% of my use, I would like specific colors that I predetermined. Apple will eventually solve this. So for $ 38 (with a $ 10 discount a few days ago) I got 32 feet of HomeKit addressable light tape. Hue Lightstrip + is $ 80 for 6.5 feet. It's over $ 300, with an extension to reach 32 feet. No, thanks. I'd rather pay $ 38 + $ 15 for the Home + app, which has been useful to me more than I can count for more than just setting up this tape. I never had to pay another penny to Home + for anything in many years. I know other apps work, I like how easily HomeKit can help and fix it without having to reset and start over.

Best selling & Top trending HomeKit product in our shop at this moment

HomeKit.Blog is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Apple Inc. or Apple related subsidiaries.

All images, videos and logos are the copyright of the respective rights holders, and this website does not claim ownership or copyright of the aforementioned.

All information about products mentioned on this site has been collected in good faith. However, the information relating to them, may not be 100% accurate, as we only rely on the information we are able to gather from the companies themselves or the resellers who stock these products, and therefore cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies arising from the aforementioned sources, or any subsequent changes that are made that we have not been made aware of.

HomeKit.Blog Is A Participant In The Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, An Affiliate Advertising Program Designed To Provide A Means For Sites To Earn Advertising Fees By Advertising And Linking To Amazon Store (Amazon.com, Or Endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, Or AmazonWireless.com).

The opinions expressed on this website by our contributors do not necessarily represent the views of the website owners. 

Copyright © 2022 HomeKit Blog
. All rights reserved
United States