Skip to content

Meross Switch (MSS510): Cannot be added to HomeKit

Meross Switch (MSS510): Cannot be added to HomeKit

I just installed my first Meross WiFi smart switch (MSS510). Everything works as it should from a circuit perspective (ie the light turns on and off when the physical switch is touched). Unfortunately, connecting to HomeKit doesn’t work as well. First of all, I find it strange / frustrating that there is no QR code on the switch or on the packaging (it only has the 6-digit code). Everything I configured with HomeKit so far had the QR code and I was able to scan and configure it in seconds. Since it doesn’t have one, when I go to pair it in the HomeKit app, I have to choose “I don’t have a code or I can’t scan”, then “My accessory isn’t displayed here” and finally I choose to enter the code on the sticker on the switch. After that, he spins forever looking for devices. Nothing is found and no errors are returned, so I don’t know where to go from here. I confirmed the following: * The iPhone is connected to the 2.4G band of my network * I am confident that WiFi is powered / running on the switch because it transmits its SSID (for example, Meross _SW _XXXX) * LED light the switch is on blinking once a second (alternates between green and red) * This is a WiFi enabled switch for HomeKit (it occurred to me briefly I could have accidentally ordered an Alexa / Google one, but it wasn’t the case) * I also tried the configuration through the Meross application, but luckily, it only directs me to the HomeKit configuration when it reaches the pairing step. What am I missing here? Is there a trick to configure it from the code? I have three more that I intended to install, but I would like to confirm that the first one works before making the effort.