Troubleshooting home keys with u100

Cupertino, September 28, 2023

I'm trying to troubleshoot this particular issue, which I'm not sure if it's user error, but honekeys don't work with house members. My setup has an Apple HomePod Mini and Aqara E1 Hub. The U100 can reach the Aqara Hub but not the Apple HomePod Mini due to distance, but they are on the same strong Wi-Fi network. I set up the u100 and all standard Aqara access is perfect. (Fingerprint and PIN) And yes, I have updated everything to the latest version. Once the Aqara stuff settled down, I linked it to HomeKit. The power key is added, but once it gets to the passcode portion of the configuration, it throws an error. However, it works without adding the passcode. Of course, members of my household automatically receive the digital key on their phones. The whole thing works with my main phone which has a bluetooth connection to the u100. The member's phone will open the power key screen, but the key does nothing. I realized that maybe I needed something that emitted the Bluetooth connection to open, so I set up the E1 hub and linked it to the lock and HomeKit. It still does not work. I also realize that the member's home app does not show the status of the lock, so it seems to me that the lock is not sharing its status with the hub. I can't imagine needing an Apple hub in range as my HomePod is supposed to coordinate communication with the aqara hub over wifi. HomePod >> via wifi >> e1 hub >> via bluetooth >> u100

Best selling & Top trending HomeKit product in our shop at this moment

HomeKit.Blog is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Apple Inc. or Apple related subsidiaries.

All images, videos and logos are the copyright of the respective rights holders, and this website does not claim ownership or copyright of the aforementioned.

All information about products mentioned on this site has been collected in good faith. However, the information relating to them, may not be 100% accurate, as we only rely on the information we are able to gather from the companies themselves or the resellers who stock these products, and therefore cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies arising from the aforementioned sources, or any subsequent changes that are made that we have not been made aware of.

HomeKit.Blog Is A Participant In The Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, An Affiliate Advertising Program Designed To Provide A Means For Sites To Earn Advertising Fees By Advertising And Linking To Amazon Store (Amazon.com, Or Endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, Or AmazonWireless.com).

The opinions expressed on this website by our contributors do not necessarily represent the views of the website owners. 

Copyright © 2022 HomeKit Blog
. All rights reserved
United States