Troubleshooting: Turn on my kitchen light at 100% turns on every device in the house.

Cupertino, July 1, 2020

After several years of almost flawless performance, my HomeKit setup became unpleasant. I'm looking for some information before I delete the whole system and start from scratch.

In my kitchen I have a Hue Light strip under our cabinets as primary lighting and it is the oldest that requires a hub. I have two other Hue bulbs starting from the same hub. I have a few iDevices switches (running lamps, without hub) and a few Lutron wall switches (running outdoor luminaires, with hub). I also have an IKEA hub, but at the moment only the Sonos remote control works (more to come). AppleTV is our HomeKit hub.

At 5 in the morning, the kitchen lights turn on at 15%. When we enter the kitchen, we have to say to our HomePod, "Kitchen lights, 100%". It has also become our command to "turn on the kitchen lights" because, if they were in any other condition when they were turned off (say, dark), they would light up backwards if you just say "turn on the kitchen lights". . It worked for a few years.

Starting last week or so, whenever we say "Kitchen lights, 100%", literally, everything in the system starts simultaneously. If you say "turn on the kitchen lights", only the kitchen headlights come on. It took us a while to realize that this was why things started at random. It only happens with a voice command via Siri, it doesn't matter if it's via HomePod or another device.

TL; DR: When I tell Siri to turn on the kitchen lights 100%, every HomeKit device in the system turns on.

Do you have a thought?

Best selling & Top trending HomeKit product in our shop at this moment

HomeKit.Blog is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Apple Inc. or Apple related subsidiaries.

All images, videos and logos are the copyright of the respective rights holders, and this website does not claim ownership or copyright of the aforementioned.

All information about products mentioned on this site has been collected in good faith. However, the information relating to them, may not be 100% accurate, as we only rely on the information we are able to gather from the companies themselves or the resellers who stock these products, and therefore cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies arising from the aforementioned sources, or any subsequent changes that are made that we have not been made aware of.

HomeKit.Blog Is A Participant In The Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, An Affiliate Advertising Program Designed To Provide A Means For Sites To Earn Advertising Fees By Advertising And Linking To Amazon Store (Amazon.com, Or Endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, Or AmazonWireless.com).

The opinions expressed on this website by our contributors do not necessarily represent the views of the website owners. 

Copyright © 2022 HomeKit Blog
. All rights reserved
United States