You have several different ways to customize the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. One is to change the wallpaper for your house and for each of the rooms in it. Another is to change the icons that appear for your accessories.
Although the accessories icon can never be changed, there are several that can. We’ll show you how to launch smart home accessories icons in the Home app on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
You will be able to locate those accessory icons that you can easily modify. They will be inside a square with an edge.
Some types of icons you can change include lights, light bulbs, and smart locks.
Change the Home icon icons on iOS
Open The home application on your iPhone or iPad and then follow these steps to change the accessory icons.
1) From the Home screen or one of the camera screens, touch and hold an accessory.
2) When the controls screen appears, tap Settings (wheel icon) at the bottom.
3) Next to the accessory name, tap the key icon.
4) Select the icon you want to use and tap Done.
You can then close the accessory settings window by tapping the button X top right.
Change the Home icon icons on your Mac
Open The home application on Mac and then do the following to change the accessory icons.
1) From the Home screen or one of the camera screens, right click or hold Control and click the accessory you want to change and select Settings.
2) Next to the accessory name, click the button icon.
3) Select the icon you want to use and click Done.
You can then close the accessory settings window by clicking the button X top right.
Changing the icons for the accessories you use in the Home app is just one of those little ways to customize your app. Whether you’re changing a light bulb in a floor lamp or a padlock in digital lock, icons can also help you locate the accessory you want to control faster.
Will you change the accessory icons?
For more, take a look at how to check the status of HomeKit hubs or create scenes to control multiple accessories in the Home app.