At last year's WWDC 2022, Apple gave a sneak peek of the upcoming generation of CarPlay. This new version boasts enhanced integration with vehicle features like air conditioning and FM radio, as well as support for multiple displays on the dashboard, personalization options, and more. Apple announced that the first vehicles equipped with this next-generation CarPlay experience would be revealed in late 2023, but additional details and a specific timeframe have yet to be shared.
Here are five key features you can expect from the new CarPlay version:
1. Instrument Cluster Integration: The new CarPlay experience seamlessly integrates with a vehicle's instrument cluster, including speedometer, tachometer, odometer, fuel gauge, engine temperature gauge, oil pressure gauge, and more. Apple allows drivers to choose from various gauge cluster designs and layouts, including options specific to each brand.
2. Climate Controls: In the new CarPlay version, you can directly access your car's climate controls, enabling you to adjust air conditioning or heater temperatures, fan speed, heated seats, heated steering wheel, and other options.
3. Multi-Screen Support: The new CarPlay version can be displayed on all screens in your vehicle, providing a consistent experience across the infotainment system, instrument cluster, and any additional screens on the dashboard. Apple ensures that CarPlay will be tailored to each new vehicle model, accommodating unique screen shapes and layouts.
4. Widgets: Widgets play a significant role in the new CarPlay experience, offering convenient at-a-glance information such as trip duration, fuel consumption, distance traveled, calendar events, weather, phone calls, HomeKit-enabled garage door status, and more. Users will also have the ability to view and scroll through widgets within the instrument panel.
5. FM Radio App: The new CarPlay version introduces a brand-new radio app, providing easy control over the FM radio in your car. You can effortlessly change stations and manage radio features through this intuitive app.
Furthermore, CarPlay offers several new features and enhancements when used on an iPhone running iOS 17, including SharePlay support in the Music app for passengers and real-time availability information of electric vehicle charging stations. iOS 17 was released on September 18, and it is compatible with the iPhone XS and newer models.
HomeKit.Blog is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Apple Inc. or Apple related subsidiaries.
All images, videos and logos are the copyright of the respective rights holders, and this website does not claim ownership or copyright of the aforementioned.
All information about products mentioned on this site has been collected in good faith. However, the information relating to them, may not be 100% accurate, as we only rely on the information we are able to gather from the companies themselves or the resellers who stock these products, and therefore cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies arising from the aforementioned sources, or any subsequent changes that are made that we have not been made aware of.
HomeKit.Blog Is A Participant In The Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, An Affiliate Advertising Program Designed To Provide A Means For Sites To Earn Advertising Fees By Advertising And Linking To Amazon Store (Amazon.com, Or Endless.com, MYHABIT.com, SmallParts.com, Or AmazonWireless.com).
The opinions expressed on this website by our contributors do not necessarily represent the views of the website owners.