After a wave of HomeKit compatible product launches last year, Meross appears to have dropped its first HomeKit accessory in 2021 on Friday, Smart baby night light. As its name suggests, the newest accessory is adapted for the nursery with intelligent lighting controls and “soothing sounds”.
- VOICE CONTROL: You can control the baby’s night light hands-free, just give voice commands to turn on / off the connected devices. Compatible with Apple HomeKit, Siri, Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, SmartThings.
- ALL IN ONE: white sound device and rise time in a single device, control from your smartphone. Set the programs to turn off and start automatically based on the sleep program.
- NO NIGHT DISTRIBUTION: The baby buzzer provides light for newborn feeding sessions at midnight, the comfort of a night light for a preschooler.
- CHILD’S RAISING: Help the child sleep more easily. 11 experts recommend soothing sounds for babies, toddlers and children, including fan, white noise, rain, lullaby, Ocean Wave, Thunder, River, Bird, Forest, Music Box and Crystal Ball.
- TIME TO GET UP: use colors to teach children when it’s time to go to bed and when to wake up. Let the child learn to stay in bed longer.
The latest HomeKit seems to be an updated version of the Meross Cherub Baby Machine, which only supported Alexa and the previous Google Assistant. Despite combining a sound machine and smart colored lighting into one, the new night light is incredibly compact, with a footprint of only 4.5 x 4.5 x 4.3 inches and sporty controls on the device, with a single button at the top that adjusts brightness levels with a spin.
VPN offers: lifetime license for $ 16, monthly plans for $ 1 and more
Amazon’s listing for the HomeKit version does not list the exact specifications for some key features, however, the previous model was rated at 200 lumens maximum brightness, provided 2700-6500K RGB illumination, and featured sound levels between 65-85 decibels. The night light includes a total of 11 unique sounds, including a lullaby, rain, storm, fan, white noise and ocean waves.
Like previous Meross products, the new night light connects directly to your home network via 2.4GHz Wi-Fi without the need for a hub and should be paired right out of the box with the Home app – at least for lighting. Because HomeKit does not currently have a category for sound devices, audio controls will most likely be limited to the Meross app.
The Meross Smart Night Light for Kids is now available on Amazon for $ 59.99, with Prime delivery available. However, as we have seen with other previous Meross HomeKit product launches, the company is currently offering a discount for the latest accessory, which has an additional 20% discount when you flash your coupon on the Amazon list.
We may earn a purchase commission using our links. Find out more.