The firm behind the famous garden irrigation controller line, Rainmachine, has published a beta firmware update to their RainMachine Touch HD designs (both the HD-12 and HD-16). According to the company, “with the release of the latest beta firmware update (v4.0.1125) for RainMachine Touch HD-12/16 we added Apple HomeKit support.”
If you have one of the above models, once you have the beta firmware installed on the RainMachine Touch HD-12/16, you need to integrate HomeKit as follows:
- open Apple Home app and tap the (+) or “Add Accessory” button
- on RainMachine Pro tap on: Settings – System – IoT – Apple HomeKit – Pairing Mode – Yes.
- on RainMachine Touch HD tap on: Settings – System – IoT – Apple HomeKit – Enter pairing mode
- wait for the Apple HomeKit code & QR to be generated on the RainMachine screen
- scan the Apple HomeKit QR with the Apple iPhone/iPad camera
- wait for the RainMachine to be added as Apple HomeKit Accessory
If the process has been successful, you can rename the RainMachine HomeKit accessory name, add it to a room, mark it as a favorite, change zone names and their status (active / inactive), manually start / stop zones, change the default runtime, and also ask Apple Siri by voice to get your sprinkler status, start / stop a zone (e.g., “Hey Siri, what’s my sprinkler status” or “Hey Siri, start zone 4 for 15 minutes”
This is excellent news for the holders of these designs, as it looked like they might have been handed over for HomeKit assistance for a while, given that it was already the RainMachine Pro.
If you’re an owner of either the Pro – which also has firmware updates available – or the Touch HD, then click HERE for more details on how to update your system.
By reducing it on rainy or hotter days and raising it on hot summer days, the RainMachine sprinkler controller automatically adjusts your watering quantity. Not only does the system save water, it also protects your crops. The versatility of each program is unprecedented: select individual weekdays, Even/Odd day mode, Cycle and Soak, or Station Delay. Run the programs one-at-a-time, sequentially or even in parallel! The RainMachine Wi-Fi timer is intended to manage potential disputes, such as concurrent instructions to the same valve or overlapping schedules.
- Smart schedule & save water – save water With real-time weather adjustments. (Epa Water Sense certified, check for rebates)
- Cloud independent – all stored private information locally. Even when Wi-Fi is down, Rain Machine continues to operate.
- FREE WEATHER DATA – Direct access to NOAA, METNO or Wunderground, Open Weather Map, NetAtmo. Use National or Personal Weather Stations for pinpoint accuracy.
- Control from anywhere – colour touch screen, iPhone, and Android, PC browser access with dashboard stats. Works from home, work or vacation.
- UPDATED MODEL (2019) – Improved WIFI. hundreds of Schedule and UI improvements. Integrate with Alexa, Google Home, Nest, WINK, SmartThings via IFTTT (Apple HomeKit Beta update available).