Arlo has begun releasing an update to its recently released Pro 3 Floodlight camera, which adds support for AppleKomeKit. As its name suggests, the Pro 3 Floodlight integrates both a Pro 3 camera and a powerful Floodlight into a single completely wireless camera that can see the night in color.
Users can now conveniently access and control Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight – and other compatible Arlo devices – through the Home app, enabling
- Flexible streaming: Watch live video streams directly from the Apple Home app or the Arlo app.
- Notifications: HomeKit sends mobile alerts to users when Pro 3 Floodlight detects motion.
- Floodlight controls: Arlo users can turn on / off the light and adjust the brightness via HomeKit.
- Voice control with Siri: Users can hire Siri for hands-free access to their Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight camera stream.
- Useful automation: Pro 3 Floodlight cameras can trigger actions with other HomeKit compatible devices.
The latest update, installed automatically, requires the Floodlight camera to be connected to the same network as an Arlo SmartHub or base station. Once added, a live camera stream and an alternative to the spotlight built into the Home app. Camera owners can set up notifications for motion events, and rain light can be used with automation, scenes, and Siri voice control. As with other Arlo cameras, HomeKit support does not incorporate HomeKit Secure Video features, and all recordings are still in the Arlo application.
Get an iPhone SE with Mint Mobile service for $ 30 / month
Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight Camera captures and streams 2K video streams in HDR and has a field of view of 160 degrees. The built-in flood lamp can reach a maximum brightness of 3,000 lumens and can be set to turn on automatically when motion is detected or manually on demand. The camera also includes two-way audio and a built-in siren for added security, and an extra large battery keeps it running for months.
The Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight is available for $ 249.99 directly from Arlo, as well as from various retailers such as Amazon. Additional information about the camera can be found at Arlo.com and stay tuned for our upcoming hands-on analysis.